- Communications Director for the City of Clermont, September 2018 – Present: Oversee internal and external communications for Lake County’s largest city, including directing media relations, social media and brand management.
- Digital Marketing Specialist for TAG Digital Marketing, October 2017 – September 2018: Helped businesses increase sales and attract new customers via social media engagement and online reputation management. Crafted captivating Facebook ad copy, design art and utilize cutting-edge tactics to launch lead-generating Facebook ads.
- Founder & Producer of Clermont Magazine, Clermont, FL, September 2017 – October 2018: Ran an online lifestyle magazine to reflect Clermont’s thriving community through Stories Remembered LLC. Editing, visuals, design, web, social media and ad sales.
- Social Media Manager for The Villages Florist Inc., March 2017 – January 2018: Captured the beauty of the shop’s offerings through photos, videos and written posts to lure customers, engage the community and build business. Ran online Facebook advertising campaigns to generate increased sales.
- Reporter for Orlando Business Journal, November 2016 – March 2017: Covered Central Florida’s hottest commercial real estate deals and trends online with daily breaking news and in print via a weekly reporter page. I wrote stories, shot and edited photos and videos, and used social media to promote posts.
- Magazine Managing Editor for The Villages Media Group, May 2015 – November 2016: Led and oversaw staff of designers, photographers and writers in the production of The Villages Magazine monthly and The Villages Grandparents Magazine quarterly. Orchestrated all copy, from brainstorming to polishing. Crafted columns and cover stories on a variety of features, shot photos, produced covers, improved design and launched new sections.
- Associate Managing Editor of News for The Villages Media Group, Jan. 2013-May 2015: Championed a team of seven reporters on a wide range of features on tight deadlines for The Villages Daily Sun. Daily coaching, creative problem solving, innovating, motivating and planning. Collaborated with designers and photographers on vision, packaging and polishing. In-depth reporting on front-page stories and special projects, starting as a reporter.
- Copy Editor for Seminole Media Productions. November 2011 – December 2012: Helped produce The Seminole Tribune, the official newspaper of the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Polished copy, wrote articles and took photos of Tribal news and culture, designed pages, and oversaw website and social media operations. Occasionally reported on air for The Seminole Channel TV.
- Writer for the University of Florida’s Health Science Center, News and Communications Office. Summer 2011: Crafted news releases and articles on medicine and research. Launched a reader feedback survey.
- TV News Writer for Gainesville Television Network, a CBS-affiliate. Summer 2011: Experienced all aspects of broadcast journalism, from news gathering to videography to editing.
- Reporter for The Independent Florida Alligator, the largest student-run newspaper in the nation. Fall 2008 – Spring 2011: Produced news, features, commentary and blog posts, took photos and shot and edited videos.
- Radio Reader for WUFT-FM Radio Reading Service, a Gainesville program for the blind and visually impaired. Spring 2011: Selected and voiced health-related news segments on Your Health, a weekly, hour-long radio show.
- Copy Editor for Atlantic Publishing Group, an Ocala nonfiction book publisher. Summer 2010: Improved book copy and crafted summaries and press releases.
- Reporter for Newsies, The Gainesville Sun’s online news blog run by University of Florida students. Fall 2007 – Spring 2009: Produced timely news and features and took photos.
- Writer for the Sports & Activities Directory, a quarterly Broward County community magazine. Summer – Fall 2008: Covered news, features and commentary and took photos.
- Reporter for Forum Publishing Group, a producer of South Florida community newspapers. Summer 2008 – 2012: Generated news, features and commentary on quick turn-around.
- Freelance Writer for several magazines across North America, Ongoing: Craft features and special sections for Canadian Florist Magazine, Florida Home Media LLC and ARION Media Services.
- University of Florida, Bachelor degree in Journalism with minors in Business Administration and Leadership, Graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2011.
- Western High School, Valedictorian, Class of 2007.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization, staff development, team building, high-quality production on deadline.
- Strengths in generating and developing story ideas, interviewing, writing, editing, taking photos and video, designing.
- Some proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop, Final Cut Pro, EZNews Software, Audacity, Soundslides, Web Coding: (X)HTML and CSS
- Florida Press Club, 1st Place, Special Awards – That is so … Florida, Class D, 2017.
- Florida Press Club, 1st Place, Writing – Government News, Class D, 2017.
- Inland Press Association, 2nd place, Explanatory Reporting, Circulation 10,000-49,999, 2016.
- Florida Magazine Association, Silver Award, Best Single Cover Photograph, All Consumer Magazines, 2016.
- Florida Society of News Editors, 2nd place, Community Leadership, Division C, 2016.
- Florida Press Club, 2nd place, Lucy Morgan Award for In-Depth Reporting, Class B, 2015.
- Florida Society of News Editors, 3rd place, Features & Arts Writing, Division C, 2014.
- The Villages Daily Sun, Executive Editor’s Award for modeling core values, 2013.
- Society of Professional Journalists, award for excellence, Spring 2011.
- Peter G. Gordon/Sun-Sentinel Scholarship for performance, 2009–’10 and 2010–’11.
- University of Florida, featured photographer in PhotoUF, a campus exhibit, Summer 2009 and 2011.
- Panelist at the Southern Newspaper Publishers Association’s News Industry Summit, discussing millennials, media habits and the future of newspapers, 2013.
- Guest speaker at the University of Florida’s Multimedia Writing course, discussing interviewing for jobs and reporters’ relationships with public relations professionals, 2013.
- Company recruiter at University of Florida’s and University of Central Florida’s job fairs on behalf of The Villages Media Group, 2013.
- Company representative at The Villages Middle School career fair on behalf of The Villages Medai Group, 2014-’16.
- miQuest for Excellence: 12-week course on business leadership by the Corbin Group, 2019.
- Lead Your Way to Success: seven-week workshop series, including core values, motivation and change management with David Benzel, 2014.
- Excelling as a Manager or Supervisor: day-long workshop on effective leadership strategies by SkillPath Seminar, 2014.
- Project and Time Management: day-long workshop on prioritizing and getting the job done well by SkillPath Seminar, 2014.